|Número de publicación||US1045920 A|
|Tipo de publicación||Concesión|
|Fecha de publicación||3 Dic 1912|
|Fecha de presentación||25 Mar 1912|
|Fecha de prioridad||25 Mar 1912|
|Número de publicación||US 1045920 A, US 1045920A, US-A-1045920, US1045920 A, US1045920A|
|Inventores||Raymond J Wenker|
|Cesionario original||Raymond J Wenker|
|Exportar cita||BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan|
|Citada por (8), Clasificaciones (2)|
|Enlaces externos: USPTO, Cesión de USPTO, Espacenet|
R. JQ WENKER.
APPLICATION r-ILBD 14.153,25, 1912.
1,045,920. Patented 1390.3,1912
5m vente@ @Hou/w15 commun PLANOGRAPH COA. WASHINGTDN. D. c.
RAYMOND J. WENKER, OF MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN.
Specification of Letters Patent.
Patented Dec. 3, 1912.
Application led March 25, 1912. Serial No. 686,046.
T 0 all whom 't may concern:
Be it known that I, RAYMOND J. WENKER, a citizen of the United States, residing at Milwaukee, county of Milwaukee, and State of IMisccnsin, have invented new and useful Improvements in Dental Forms, of which the following is a specication.
My invention relates to improvements in that class of dental forms which are adapt-ed to be used by instructors in dentistry for demonstration purposes, and it pertains more especially, among other things, rst, to the construction of the teeth supporting members which represent the gums, teeth and a portion of the upper and lower jaws of a person, in which forms the roots of the teeth are embedded, and second, to the peculiar construction of the teeth by which they are more securely retained in place in such members.
My invention is further explained by reference to the accompanying drawings, in which- Figure l is a side view of one of the forms which represents a portion of the lower jaw, part broken away, and Fig. 2 is a vertical section of the form shown in Fig. 1.
Like parts are identified by the same reference numerals in both views.
l represents the body of the form which is preferably made of hard, black, vulcanized rubber, or other similar material.
2 represents the gums and exterior surface of the form which is preferably made of soft iesh colored rubber or similar material.
3 represents a set of articial teeth, the exterior or protruding ends of which are of ordinary construction, while their inner ends are preferably provided with notches 4, 4, in which notches the inclosing rubber or other like material is adapted to engage, whereby the teeth are securely retained in place.
It will be understood that the object of forming the interior portion of the form l of hard material, is to more securely hold the teeth, whereby the liability of their becoming loose when being operated upon, is avoided, while the exterior portion 2 of the form is made of softer yielding material so as to more closely resemble the natural gums of a person, which material, when required, may be forced down around the sides of the teeth or pressed to one side, as circumstances may require, when operating on the teeth.
While I have shown and described a form which represents the lower jaw, gums and teeth of a person, it will be understood that in practice, a similar form is used to represent the upper jaw, gums and teeth. While I preferably use vulcanized rubber in said forms to support the teeth, any equivalent material may, if desired, be substituted therefor.
While I have shown a full unbroken set of teeth in the drawings, it will be understood that some of the teeth may be omitted to better demonstrate methods of constructing bridge work in connection therewith, and my invention is also intended to cover forms in which a partial set of artificial teeth only are used in connect-ion with a partial jaw, and while the interior is described as being hard and the exterior soft, it will be understood that the degree of hardness of such material may be changed, providing, however, that the exterior surface is always preferably somewhat softer than the interior.
Having thus described my invention, what I claim as new, and desire to secure by Letters Patent, is-
1. In a device of the described class, a dental form resembling a portion of one of the jaws of a person, comprising a hard interior portion and a relatively softer yielding exterior portion, in combination with artificial teeth.
2. A dental form resembling a portion of one of the jaws of a person, comprisinga relatively hard interior portion and a yielding exterior portion, in combination with artificial teeth provided at their inner ends with retaining grooves or recesses.
3. A dental form resembling a portion of one of the jaws of a person, comprising a relatively hard interior portion formed of black vulcanized rubber, and a yielding exterior portion, in combination with artificial teeth.
4. A dental form resembling a portion of one of the jaws of a person, comprising a relatively hard interior portion and a yielding exterior portion formed of soft esh colored vulcanized rubber, in combination with artificial teeth.
5. A. dental form resembling a portion of In testimony whereof I affix my signature onle of thehjayfs of a person, oonflprisiig in the presence of tWo Witnesses. re atively ar interior y ortion orme o black vulcanized rubber, eind a yielding eX- RAYMOND J WENKER' 5 terior portion formed of soft flesh colored Witnesses:
vulcanized rubber, in combination with arti- JAS. B. ERWIN, icial teeth. IRMA D. BREMER.
Copies of this patent may be obtained for ve cents each, by addressing the Commissioner of Patents, Washington, D. C.
|Patente citante||Fecha de presentación||Fecha de publicación||Solicitante||Título|
|US2657462 *||30 Jun 1952||3 Nov 1953||William Arrow||Edentulous and partially edentulous edmonstrational and educational model|
|US2750670 *||13 Oct 1952||19 Jun 1956||John Vigg||Dental model|
|US4770637 *||3 Feb 1988||13 Sep 1988||Harrell Jr N Gladstone||Dental educational device|
|US5120229 *||10 Sep 1990||9 Jun 1992||The Curators Of The University Of Missouri||Dental teaching model|
|US6524105 *||12 Abr 2001||25 Feb 2003||Ivoclar Vivadent Ag||Dental model|
|US9092997||25 Feb 2011||28 Jul 2015||Aproxi Aps||Dental model|
|DE10023842C5 *||16 May 2000||26 Jun 2008||Ivoclar Vivadent Ag||Dentalmodell|
|WO2011104351A1||25 Feb 2011||1 Sep 2011||Aproxi Aps||A dental model|