|Número de publicación||US1196649 A|
|Tipo de publicación||Concesión|
|Fecha de publicación||29 Ago 1916|
|Fecha de presentación||25 May 1916|
|Fecha de prioridad||25 May 1916|
|Número de publicación||US 1196649 A, US 1196649A, US-A-1196649, US1196649 A, US1196649A|
|Inventores||Louis A Bockstahler|
|Cesionario original||Louis A Bockstahler|
|Exportar cita||BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan|
|Citada por (14), Clasificaciones (4)|
|Enlaces externos: USPTO, Cesión de USPTO, Espacenet|
L A. BOCKSTAHLER.
APPLICATION FILED MAY 25, 1916.
6 .y m m.# w WMHA I u M M m fl w P. y 5
- LOUIS A. JBOCKSTL, OF CLJEVJELa Specification of Lettera'Patent.
Patented a 29 111% Application filed May 25, 1916. Serial No. 99,888.
To all whom it may concern:
Be it lmown that 1, Louis A. Boons'mn- LER, citizen of the United States, residing at Cleveland, in the county of Cuyahoga and State of Ohio, have invented certain new and useful Improvements in Figure Toys, of which the following is a specification.
This invention relates to figure toys adapted for amusement or advertisement purposes, and comprises especially a rubber toy which when compressed or expanded will act to advance or Withdraw a figure head or the like therefrom, and to cause the same to assume various expressions according to the amount of compression.
I am aware that a toy has been proposed comprising a body having a thin rubber part which is caused to project by compresslng the body, but the present invention is attended with certain improvements and novel features which will be more fully apparent from the following description and the accompanying drawings.
In the drawings: Figure 1 is a perspective view of the article in normal position. Fig. 2 is a similar view showing the article with the head part extended into one positlon. Fig. 3 is a similar view showing a further extension into another position. Fig. 4 is a perspective view of the metal portlons of the head and neck. Fig. 5 is a vertical section through the head in the position shown 'in Fig. 2. Fig. 6 is a perspective of a metal neck or frame for the head.
In the drawings, 1 is a circular rubber bulb or base with an opening 2 at the top to which a head part 3 is attached. This head part is made of thinner rubber than the part 1 and is vulcanized thereto at the edge of the opening 2. It may have a design thereon showing a face with a gloomy or other expression, as shown in Fig. 2. Within this head is a thin metal face 5 shaped to give-a smiling or difl'erent expression, and when this is pressed outwardly against the face part 3 of the head it will distort the rubber and change the same from one expression to the other. The metal face plate 5 is hinged at the top, as indicated at 20, to a metal hoop 6 which acts as an interior frame or support for the rubber head. This frame is fastened at 7 to a metal neck and shoulder piece 8.
9 is a bulb of quite thin rubber, located within the head 3, and its purpose is toforce the face plate outwardly when inflated. The lower end of the bulb 9 is fitted over a spool plug 10, which has a small hole 11' through the same giving a slow passage of air into the bulb 9 cm the bulbs 4 and 1. The upper portion of the part a tapers to an opemnfg" which is slipped over the rubber 9 on the plug 10, and the two bulbs are fastened by a string 21 around the spool, pressing the rubber walls into a groove 12 around the spool. The spool is enlarged at both ends to hold it from dropping down or being forced up after it is placed in the neck piece 8 springing the same open at its split part'13. The bulbs 4 and 9 are attached to the spool before placing it in the neck. The head 3. ma have hair 14 glued thereon.
n operation, by compressing the body 1 the head bulbs 3 and 4c are expanded or projected outwardly to upright position, as shown in Fig. 2. When in this position the mouth 15 wrinkles together and hides the teeth which are fainted on the metal face 5 at this point. he teeth will be disclosed, and the expression of the face will be changed, as the inner face 5 and its lips 16 press against the face 3. A pin 17 is soldered or otherwise secured to the upper loop projection on the inner side of the metal face 5, and this pin carries two fingers 18 which are pivoted thereto and which extend outwardly through theslot 19 in the face 5 and hook against or into the rubber face 3 at each corner of the mouth 15. When the face 5 is forced outwardly the fingers advance and lift slightly, and shift the corners of the mouth upwardly, as shown in Fig. 3, at the same time exposing the teeth between the lips of the mouth 15. This movement of the metal face is effected by the expansion of the bulb, pressing the same against the face. On the first-pressure, the head part projects with one expansion, and as the pressure continues the bulb 9 is inflated and the inner part 5 operates to change the expression of the face.
The invention is not limited to the particular form shown, but it may be embodied in various other articles or figures.
What I claim as new is:
1. A hollow article made of elastic material and having a body and inflatable part projected by compressing the body, and means within said part to vary the form thereof according to the extent of inflation.
2. A hollow elastic article having a body and an inflatable part projected by compressing thebody, said part having a -design thereon, and means within said part to vary the form thereof and the appearance of said design.
3. A device of the kind described, having an inflatable part with the representation of a face or the like thereon, an inner face plate movable within said part, and an inflatable bulb behind said plate and adapted when expanded to press said plate against said part, to'vary the expression of the face.
4. A device of the kind described, having an expansible head part, a face plate movable within the head, and means to advance the head, behind the face plate, and means to inflate the last mentioned bulb, to press the face plate against the outer bulb.
6. A device of the kind described, having an outer expansible head bulb, a face plate within said bulb and movable toward and w from the wall thereof, and an inflatable bulb in the head, behind the face plate, and means to inflate the last mentioned bulb, to press the face plate against the outer bulb, said face plate having projecting 7. A device of the kind described, having a compressible body, an ex ansible hea bulb adapted to be advance therefrom, a
frame within said bulb, a face plate hinged to the frame and movable against the wall of the bulb, and an inflatable inner bulb within the head bulb and behind said late and communicating with the interior ody and adapted to be inflated when the latter is compressed.
8. A device of the kind described, comprising a compressible body, a shoulder bulb adapted to be advanced therefrom, an expansible head mounted on said shoulder bulb, a movable face plate within the head, and an inflatable bulb within the head, behind the face plate, and having restricted communication with the body.
In testimony whereof, I do afiix mysignature in presence of two witnesses. LOUIS A. BOCKSTAHLER.
JOHN A. BOMMHARDT, -ALTON H. BEMIS.
|Patente citante||Fecha de presentación||Fecha de publicación||Solicitante||Título|
|US2631407 *||10 Nov 1949||17 Mar 1953||Rempel Mfg Inc||Hollow toy figure with extensible member|
|US2668394 *||24 May 1947||9 Feb 1954||Auzin John M||Squeezable pop-out action toy|
|US2701934 *||27 Jun 1951||15 Feb 1955||Auzin John M||Pop-out figure toy|
|US2853829 *||13 Nov 1957||30 Sep 1958||Austin Greene Norman||Toy|
|US3020673 *||10 Feb 1956||13 Feb 1962||Helen Cooke||Expanding toy|
|US3988792 *||7 Jul 1975||2 Nov 1976||Charles Klein||Inflatable structure for producing low relief figures|
|US4526552 *||29 Dic 1983||2 Jul 1985||Mattel, Inc.||Animated figure toy having a telescoping appendage|
|US6672932 *||14 Ene 2002||6 Ene 2004||Treasure Bay, Inc.||Actuatable toy containing deformable bladder|
|US6881119 *||5 Ene 2004||19 Abr 2005||Treasure Bay, Inc.||Actuatable toy containing deformable bladder|
|US7264533 *||18 Jun 2004||4 Sep 2007||T. K. Wong & Associates Ltd.||Bubble-squeezing toy|
|US20040192160 *||5 Ene 2004||30 Sep 2004||Panec Don J.||Actuatable toy containing deformable bladder|
|US20050282459 *||18 Jun 2004||22 Dic 2005||T.K. Wong & Associates Ltd.||Bubble-squeezing toy|
|US20050282460 *||29 Abr 2005||22 Dic 2005||Chan Cecil S O||Bubble-squeezing toy|
|US20050282462 *||13 Abr 2005||22 Dic 2005||Panec Don J||Actuatable toy containing deformable bladder|
|Clasificación de EE.UU.||446/226|