(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: Us 7,611,010 B2
Gammons (45) Date of Patent: *Nov. 3, 2009
(54) HAND HELD REMOTE COVER
(75) Inventor: Clifford Eugene Gammons, Loudon, TN(US)
(73) Assignee: Adroit Development, Inc., Loudon, TN (US)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 364 days.
This patent is subject to a terminal disclaimer.
(21) Appl.No.: 11/609,639
(22) Filed: Dec. 12, 2006
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2008/0140015 Al Jun. 12, 2008
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 10/774,810, filed on Feb. 9, 2004, now Pat. No. 7,147,105.
(51) Int. CI.
B65D 85/00 (2006.01)
B65D 73/00 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 206/320; 206/484; 383/907
(58) Field of Classification Search 206/305,
206/320,438,460,484; D9/702-714; D14/250; D3/203.1, 300, 218; 383/36, 106, 108, 109,
See application file for complete search history.
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS 3,954,049 A 5/1976 Brieske
Primary Examiner—J. Gregory Pickett
(74) Attorney, Agent, or Firm—Knox Patents; Thomas A.
A sheath is disclosed for covering a manually manipulated controller having at least one user accessible control thereon. The sheath is elongated and includes a nose portion and linear side portions forming a sheath perimeter removably secured to a carrier for dispensing the sheath therefrom. The sheath includes at least one shoulder segment having a scalloped first shoulder transition and a curved second shoulder segment. The scalloped first shoulder segment provides expansibility in excess of the expansibility of the curved second shoulder segment, thereby providing flexible material that is readily manipulated without tearing when the sheath covers the controller and the user manipulates the control covered by the sheath.
20 Claims, 4 Drawing Sheets