(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2004/0147376 Al
Gautier (43) Pub. Date: Jul. 29,2004
(54) MULTI-AXIS RESISTANCE EXERCISE DEVICE
(76) Inventor: Kenneth Bryan Gautier, Mandeville, LA (US)
THOMAS S. KEATY
KEATY PROFESSIONAL LAW CORP.
2140 WORLD TRADE CENTER
NO. 2 CANAL STREET
NEW ORLEANS, LA 70130 (US)
(21) Appl. No.: 10/758,870
(22) Filed: Jan. 16, 2004
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Provisional application No. 60/441,708, filed on Jan. 21, 2003.
(51) Int. CI.7 A63B 21/06; A63B 21/062;
(52) U.S. CI 482/93; 482/97; 482/99
A multi-axes exercise machine for strengthening muscles surrounding shoulder joint ol a user allows the user a range ol motions about lines ol motion perpendicular to an arc ol circumduction ol the shoulder joints. A pair ol handholds is suspended Irom an arcuate guide plate, which extends above a user station. By moving the point ol securing the handholds along the length ol the arcuate guide plate, the user can re-position the upper ends ol the handholds from a location above the user station to a position behind the user station. At all times, the axes ol rotation ol the handholds are parallel to each other and extend along a plane that contains the axis ol circumduction ol the user's shoulders. A centerline ol each handhold passes through the center ol the corresponding glenohumeral joint ol the user during the exercise.