(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2005/0192620 Al
Cully et al. (43) Pub. Date: Sep. 1,2005
(54) METHODS OF MANUFACTURE AND USE OF ENDOLUMINAL DEVICES
(75) Inventors: Edward H. Cully, Flagstaff, AZ (US);
Michael J. Vonesh, Flagstaff, AZ (US)
GORE ENTERPRISE HOLDINGS, INC.
551 PAPER MILL ROAD
P. O. BOX 9206
NEWARK, DE 19714-9206 (US)
(73) Assignee: GORE ENTERPRISE HOLDINGS, INC., Newark, DE (US)
(21) Appl. No.: 10/907,987
(22) Filed: Apr. 22, 2005
Related U.S. Application Data
(62) Division ol application No. 10/113,724, filed on Apr. 1, 2002, now abandoned.
(51) Int. CI.7 A61M 29/00
(52) U.S. C I 606 200
A seamless, sell-expanding implantable device having a low profile is disclosed along with methods ol making and using the same. The implantable device includes a frame cut out ol a single piece ol material that is formed into a threedimensional shape. The implantable device may comprise an embolic filter, stent, or other implantable structure. The present invention also allows complicated frame structures to be easily formed from planar sheets ol starting material, such as through laser cutting, stamping, photo-etching, or other cutting techniques.