(54) SYSTEMS AND METHODS FOR INSURING DATA TRANSMISSIONS
(75) Inventors: Krys Cianciarulo, Maplewood, MN (US); Stephen Cardot, Eagan, MN (US); Thomas Weiseth, Bloomington, MN (US)
(73) Assignee: Portogo, Inc., Minneapolis, MN (US)
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term of this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 0 days.
This patent is subject to a terminal disclaimer.
(21) Appl. No.: 10/922,322
(22) Filed: Aug. 19, 2004
(65) Prior Publication Data
US 2005/0027849 Al Feb. 3, 2005
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 10/094,591, filed on Mar. 7, 2002, now Pat. No. 6,922,720, which is a continuation of application No. PCT/US00/18276, filed on Jun. 30, 2000.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/153,475, filed on Sep. 10, 1999.
Systems and methods are provided which afford a technical application for insuring, bonding, and underwriting a transmission of a data set, streaming data, and/or document over the Internet through TCP/IP and all other electronic media such as WAP (wireless application protocol), VOIP (voiceover IP), fiber optic channels, microwave channels, and through standard electrical switches, electrical outlets and power lines. The present invention includes a computer readable medium having computer executable instruction to cause a system perform a method for insuring, bonding, and/or underwriting data transmission. The method includes enabling a first remote client coupled to a communications network to insure, bond, and/or underwrite a transmission of an electronic data set, streaming data, and/or document, with a selected coverage type for a selected coverage amount, from the first remote client to one or more second remote clients. The method further includes charging a fee to an appropriate account for the selected coverage type and amount.
77 Claims, 4 Drawing Sheets