(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication
Muni et al.
(54) FRONTAL SINUS SPACER
(75) Inventors: Ketan P. Muni, San Jose, CA (US);
Hung V. Ha, San Jose, CA (US);
Randy S. Chan, San Jose, CA
(US); Nga K. Van, San Francisco,
STEPTOE & JOHNSON - ACCLARENT, INC. 2121 AVENUE OF THE STARS, SUITE 2800 LOS ANGELES, CA 90067 (US)
(73) Assignee: Acclarent, Inc., Menlo Park, CA (US)
(21) Appl.No.: 12/341,602
(22) Filed: Dec. 22, 2008
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation-in-part of application No. 12/100,361, filed on Apr. 9,2008, which is a continuation-in-part of application No. 11/544,009, filed on Oct. 4, 2006, now Pat. No. 7,419,497, which is a continuation-in-part of application No. 11/234,395, filed on Sep. 23, 2005,
now Pat. No. 7,410,480, which is a continuation-inpart of application No. 11/037,548, filed on Jan. 18, 2005, now Pat. No. 7,462,175, which is a continuationin-part of application No. 10/912,578, filed on Aug. 4, 2004, now Pat. No. 7,361,168, which is a continuationin-part of application No. 10/829,917, filedonApr. 21, 2004.
(51) Int. CI.
A61M 25/10 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 604/514; 604/103.01
Substance delivering spacer devices may comprise expandable reservoirs that are implantable in paranasal sinuses and other cavities, openings and passageways of the body to maintain patency and to provide sustained local delivery of a therapeutic or diagnostic substance. Delivery apparatus including elongate tubular members as well as shapeable distal portions and atraumatic tips are provided. Also provided are sinus penetrator devices and systems for performing ethmoidotomy procedures or for creating other openings in the walls of paranasal sinuses or other anatomical structures.