(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication oo) Pub. No.: US 2007/0191738 Al
Raney et al. (43) Pub. Date: Aug. 16,2007
(54) INTEGRATED ANALYTICAL TEST ELEMENT
(76) Inventors: Charles C. Raney, Camdenton, MO (US); Steven N. Roe, San Mateo, CA (US)
WOODARD, EMHARDT, MORIARTY,
MCNETT & HENRY LLP
111 MONUMENT CIRCLE, SUITE 3700
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46204-5137 (US)
(21) Appl. No.: 11/691,674
(22) Filed: Mar. 27, 2007
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Division of application No. 11/275,592, filed on Jan. 18, 2006, now Pat. No. 7,214,200, which is a continuation-in-part of application No. 10/737,026, filed on Dec. 16, 2003, now Pat. No. 7,211,052.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/437,002, filed on Dec. 30, 2002.
(51) Int. CI.
A61B 5/00 (2006.01)
A61B 17/32 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 600/583; 600/584; 606/181
A lancet integrated test element (LIT) includes an incision forming member that has a cutting end configured to form an incision in tissue. A test element is attached to the incision forming member to test fluid from the incision. The test element has a sampling end with a sample opening through which the fluid is collected. The test element is bendable from a first state where the cutting end of the incision forming member is retracted from the sampling end of the test element to a second state where at least a portion of the cutting extends past the sampling end of the test element to form the incision in the tissue.