(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2003/0211802 Al
Keck et al. (43) Pub. Date: Nov. 13,2003
(54) THREE-DIMENSIONAL COFORM NONWOVEN WEB
(75) Inventors: Laura Elizabeth Keck, Alpharetta, GA (US); Charlene Bendu Harris, Snellville, GA (US); Nina Frazier,
Marietta, GA (US)
KIMBERLY-CLARK WORLDWIDE, INC.
401 NORTH LAKE STREET
NEENAH, WI 54956
(73) Assignee: Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc.
(21) Appl. No.: 10/314,720
(22) Filed: Dec. 9, 2002
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Provisional application No. 60/379,664, filed on May 10, 2002.
(51) Int. CI.7 D04H 3/00; A47L 13/17;
D04H 1/56; D04H 13/00; A47L 23/04; A47L 13/10;
(52) U.S. CI 442/400; 15/104.93; 15/104.94;
15/228; 15/209.1; 15/208; 134/6;
A tufted coform nonwoven web prepared from meltblown filaments and at least one secondary material is disclosed. The tufted coform nonwoven web is useful as cleaning pads, wipes, mops, among other articles of manufacture. One surface of the tufted coform nonwoven web has projections which increase the bulk of the nonwoven web. The projections also aid in the scrubbing and cleaning ability of the coform nonwoven web. Also disclosed is the process of producing the tufted coform nonwoven web, method of using the tufted coform nonwoven web as a wipe, mop, and the like, along with cleaning kits containing the coform nonwoven web.