(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2004/0073305 Al
Schneider-Nieskens (43) Pub. Date: Apr. 15,2004
Patent Application Publication Apr. 15,2004 Sheet 1 of 3 US 2004/0073305 Al
(54) BREAST PROSTHESIS HAVING AN ADHESIVE LAYER
(75) Inventor: Reinhold Schneider-Nieskens, Celle (DE)
COLLARD & ROE, P.C.
1077 NORTHERN BOULEVARD
ROSLYN, NY 11576 (US)
(73) Assignee: THAMERT Orthopadische Hilfsmittel GmbH & Co. KG
(21) Appl. No.: 10/683,754
(22) Filed: Oct. 10, 2003
(30) Foreign Application Priority Data
Oct. 15, 2002 (DE) 202 15 801.2
A breast prosthesis has an adhesive element which forms a continuous surface conforming to the back section of the prosthesis which faces the user. One side of the adhesive element is detachably secured to the back section of the prosthesis and the other side of the adhesive element is detachably adhered to the user. The adhesive element is formed from an inner body which is lined with material. The breast prosthesis has a flat annular region on its back section and an elevated edge along the perimeter of the flat annular region. A gap is provided in the elevated edge at an upper region of the prosthesis. The adhesive element extends to the inner surface of the elevated edge and has a projection conforming to the gap.