Can someone post me some engine compartment pics

CC239badlands

Currently installing a 2004 4.0 in a 2000 jeep tj. Can someone post some engine compartment pics for a 2004 jeep tj and a 2000 jeep tj so I can see how to mount all the equipment in and see what changes I will need to make. Thanks for the help.

F440E05E-B21C-4389-BBA9-4AC8EA482DCE.jpeg

TCM ? Help me out with that abbreviation. Transmission control module? Mines a manual so I don’t think I can help with that one.

Last edited:
My TCM is located behind the winshield washer resovoir closer to the firewall side. 42RLE 2004 4.0. I'll snap a pic when I get off work

It's a large harness and only has enough line to mount it somewhere around the power steering pump on the driver side of the engine. I must be missing a bracket or something.

I'm doing the same engine swap into my 2000 TJ. What place did you find that bracket for sale? I can't reuse the one from my donor 2004 TJ.
Also, what did you do about the AT shift cable connection to the shift lever in the interior cabin console? The 2004 cable doesn't fit natively to the 2000 TJ shift lever conmection.

I'm doing the same engine swap into my 2000 TJ. What place did you find that bracket for sale? I can't reuse the one from my donor 2004 TJ.
Also, what did you do about the AT shift cable connection to the shift lever in the interior cabin console? The 2004 cable doesn't fit natively to the 2000 TJ shift lever conmection.

I got the TCM bracket used on eBay. For the 42rle shift cable I cut the cable mount and extended it to fit the cable. I'll try to get a picture of it for you, it's tough to access right now since I have the dash pulled out as I'm trying to replace the dash wiring loom. I'll tell you what, replacing the dash wiring is a PAIN in the a**.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
I got the TCM bracket used on eBay. For the 42rle shift cable I cut the cable mount and extended it to fit the cable. I'll try to get a picture of it for you, it's tough to access right now since I have the dash pulled out as I'm trying to replace the dash wiring loom. I'll tell you what, replacing the dash wiring is a PAIN in the a**.

Cool.
That would be great to see a pic of your modification you did to the shift cable mount.
Yeah, I pulled out entire dash and steering wheel and swapped in the entire wiring harness from my 2004 donor TJ. It took time and patience!