Overhead console ambient lighting... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
gXBTEIq.jpg
Hello,
Just wondering if there is ambient lighting in the LCs in the overhead console.

pic shows the little dimples where I think the lexus has them. Just wondering.

Thanks, Christian

Yes, there is. My grandmother has an '06 LC and it's got the overhead lights like my '04 LX.

I'd like to ask, can these be swapped for aftermarket jobs or is there soldering involved?

The lexus just has two small LED's in those recesses. If you get two of them (red so they dont effect night sight) you can drill out two small holes glue gun them in place and wire them up to the +12v for the over head light. They draw so little you dont need to bother with fuses or relays or switches or anything.

If you tie them into the circuit that's up there for the map lights, they'll go off when you lock the doors. I've done this mod with a small blue LED.

oh nice! Where did you get the LEDs from? I'd be interested in some.
also they would be on all the time correct?

Yes, there is. My grandmother has an '06 LC and it's got the overhead lights like my '04 LX.

I'd like to ask, can these be swapped for aftermarket jobs or is there soldering involved?

hmmm the 2006 i'm looking at doesn't have them... i guess it was an option maybe?

Mine are on all of the time when the truck isn't locked. I got 12v LEDs from Mouser.com

I was mistaken. Took a look at my grandmothers '06 LC again and it has the indentations, but not the lights.

I have an 03 LC with the indentations, but no lamps. I can confirm there should be a part number out there somewhere to order the harness & lamps to just plug into the overhead console board, but I have yet to find it. I pulled the console on mine today and confirmed the connector is there and waiting. Operation wise, in my GX, these stay on as long as the headlights are on, so I would assume the circuit in the LC/LX does the same.

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1063.JPG

SnipImage.JPG

And the pin out if you want to wire your own.

pinout.JPG

can you pull the GX harness and lights and see if it's the same? I guess they aren't soldered to the board?

I forgot to mention the mic in there. I'm hoping to use that with the new HU. That forum talks about that, so it confirms my suspicion it would work.

I have an 03 LC with the indentations, but no lamps. I can confirm there should be a part number out there somewhere to order the harness & lamps to just plug into the overhead console board, but I have yet to find it. I pulled the console on mine today and confirmed the connector is there and waiting. Operation wise, in my GX, these stay on as long as the headlights are on, so I would assume the circuit in the LC/LX does the same.

Part Search Link

View attachment 1665778

View attachment 1665779

View attachment 1665780
Revisiting a very old thread regarding wiring harness for console illumination. I came across the part numbers for the harness for a late gen lx470 but it seems to have individual wiring harnesses for each bulb. I would find it hard to believe the LX has a different board for their overhead console? Am I missing something?

s-l640.png

This was the only google image I can find
1559447515733_default.jpg

Last edited:
Those lights you picture aren't for the overhead console, they are for the foot wells IIRC

I’ve been slowly LXifying my LC, so I grabbed this overhead console from @customcruiser for the courtesy lights. 2007 LC on the left, 2004 LX on the right.
6553D7A4-0255-4C7B-B57C-EB1C805CAA6D.jpeg

CD550EE7-89B6-4483-AAB2-9C6B723B0493.jpeg

It’s a plug and play operation and everything works… except for the courtesy lights, of course. I’m guessing there’s more to it?

I’ve decided to let the LX console go. I don’t have the time or desire to figure out how to get the little LX lights to work on my LC. Asking $60 shipped within the continental US which is what I paid.
EFB4080A-F82B-46BD-8EBC-35F492669676.jpeg

B246E68D-A86B-44C9-89A2-55B4440959C5.jpeg

DCCEEBF1-7149-4DEC-ABFD-7BEC0E550A51.jpeg

I’ve decided to let the LX console go. I don’t have the time or desire to figure out how to get the little LX lights to work on my LC. Asking $60 shipped within the continental US which is what I paid.
View attachment 2984504
View attachment 2984506
View attachment 2984505
What didn’t work for you? I’m assuming the same thing as me.

I tried to install an LX console as well. I’m almost certain the main plug the LC has from the headliner doesn’t carry the same power as the LX one. I bet if we could compare the two plugs, we’d see more pins in the LX one. I, too, was hoping the LX part would be plug n play but it doesn’t seem like it is. I just went with splicing the map lights like everyone else.

Now, any leads on footwell lights in your quest for Lexifying?

What didn’t work for you? I’m assuming the same thing as me.

I tried to install an LX console as well. I’m almost certain the main plug the LC has from the headliner doesn’t carry the same power as the LX one. I bet if we could compare the two plugs, we’d see more pins in the LX one. I, too, was hoping the LX part would be plug n play but it doesn’t seem like it is. I just went with splicing the map lights like everyone else.

Now, any leads on footwell lights in your quest for Lexifying?

Everything but the little lights worked. I'm a little surprised it wasn't plug and play, I would think the wiring harness would have been identical.

If I find the right LX, I'd switch to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom